For all of you grill masters with a sweet tooth…I’ve got good news for you! There’s such a thing as smoked brownies! And yes, they taste as awesome as they sound. Check out how to make them below!
What You’ll Need:
- Brownie Mix (or your own brownie recipe)
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Your favorite smoker
Pro-Tip: Don’t have a smoker? That’s okay! Use a grill instead. You won’t get all of that smoky chocolatey goodness but the flavor is still unbeatable to those oven-made brownies.
What You Do:
- Coat your skillet in a non-stick spray or oil so your brownies won’t stick to the pan
- Follow the directions on your brownie box (if you’re making homemade brownies, follow your recipe!)
- Pour the mix into your cast iron skillet
- Giggle excitedly
- Fire up the smoker to the temperature that your brownie box suggests. Usually this is around 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Don’t forget to add your wood! Try a combination of hickory and cherry!
- Stick em in there!
- Cook just as you would in an oven
- Bake according to the box. Usually this is around 30-45 minutes
Pro-Tip: A smoker and grill is essentially an oven. 350 degrees in the smoker equals 350 degrees in an oven.
You Know What to Do Now:
Eat the dang brownies. You can also try your smoky brownies with a side of classic vanilla ice cream and a cold glass of milk. Yum!
Other Smoked Brownie Toppings:
- Homemade caramel
- Grilled fruit (try peaches or pears!)
- Cream cheese frosting
- Sweetened condensed milk (trust me on this one)
- Roasted marshmallow
Let us know how they turned out below in the comments! Enjoy!