This Mediterranean recipe will create a juicy, tender burger your guests won’t stop talking about. Serve this dish when you want to mix things up from your traditional backyard BBQ flavors.
1 slice of white bread, crust removed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
1 tsp dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1-1/2 pounds ground lamb (not lean)
- Preheat the grill to 450°F.
- Add the bread and milk in a bowl and mash the mixture until a paste forms.
- Stir in the shallots, garlic, mint, oregano, salt, and pepper to the paste.
- Add the lamb meat and use your hand to mix everything together. Do not over mix.
- Still using your hands, form six oval-shaped patties about ½-inch thick.
- Lightly paint the grill with vegetable oil to keep the burgers from sticking.
- Place the burger patties on the grill over indirect heat (covered) for about four minutes. Then, use tongs to turn the patties over and grill for four more minutes.
- Place the grilled burgers on a heat-safe pan and allow guests to begin preparing their delicious burgers.
Pro tip: Stick to the Mediterranean theme by using pita bread rounds instead of traditional buns. Top it with some tzatziki sauce, red onion, and iceberg lettuce to create a delicious burger.