Add a little spice to your life with these tasty poppers! Use them as an appetizer or grill them up and take them as a side dish to your next poker night.
12 large jalapeno peppers
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 cup cream cheese
6 slices of bacon
- Slice each pepper horizontally, and scoop out all the seeds. Be careful not to touch your eyes or you’ll end up with a few tears.
- Mix your cup of shredded cheese together with the cream cheese. You may need to let the cream cheese sit out on the counter for a bit to soften before mixing.
- Stuff each pepper shell with your cream cheese and shredded cheese mix. Don’t overstuff or you’ll have a mess on your hands when it comes time to grill.
- Wrap each stuffed pepper with a slice of the uncooked bacon. If the bacon is too thick, cut it down the middle and use half. Start from one end and wrap towards the bottom. Place one toothpick at the top of the pepper and one at the bottom to hold your bacon in place. Brush a healthy layer of Kelly B’s BBQ sauce over the bacon-wrapped poppers before you toss them on the grill, so they get that nice BBQ glaze we love.
- Get your grill fired up and toss the peppers on. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, then flip. Grill until your bacon is cooked the way you like it.
- Let your peppers cool for a few minutes and then dig in! And, don’t forget to remove the toothpick!