A few rough chops, a little seasoning and some foil is all it takes to make a kickin’ side dish. Make these babies your go-to when you need something quick and healthy (if you care about that sort of thing) to serve with your favorite barbecued meat.
2 lbs. Red New Potatoes
1 Large Yellow Onion
1 16 oz Bag Baby Carrots
1-2 Yellow and/or Red Bell Peppers
1-2 Medium-Sized Zucchini or Yellow Squash
2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
2 Springs Fresh Thyme
1/4 cup Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-heat your grill to high heat.
2. Chop new potatoes, onions, peppers, zucchini, and squash into bite sized chunks, then place in large mixing bowl. Add carrots to the mix.
3. Mince spices then add to olive oil in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
4. Add oil and spice mixture to veggies, season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir until veggies are coated.
5. Prep individual-sized foil packets by using two layers of heavy-duty foil.
6. Divide all of the veggies evenly among foil packets. Place veggies in the center of each piece of foil then wrap up tightly so nothing falls out.
7. Throw your pack on the grill with seem side up and cook for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from grill and serve straight from the pouch along side your grilled meat of choice.
Pro Tip: This veggie combo is one of several. Don’t be afraid to mix it up and try different combinations with the vegetables you and your family enjoy the most!