Beans, beans, the wonderful fruit. The more you eat, the more your friends will beg for this recipe. Here’s the perfect side dish for any meal on the grill.
This recipe will feed 10-15 people, so adjust accordingly and mix to taste.
Large casserole dish or deep dutch oven
2 Cans 28 oz. Baked Beans (we prefer Bush’s Baked Beans)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup yellow mustard
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2-3/4 cup Kelly B’s BBQ Sauce of your choice
6-8 chopped green onions
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
3/4 lbs. bacon (fried and crumbled in big chunks)
- In a large bowl, mix together the baked beans, brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Kelly B’s BBQ Sauce, chopped green onions, salt, pepper, and bacon.
- Pour the mixture into your casserole dish or dutch oven.
- If cooking in the oven, cook uncovered for 1 hour at 350°F. Cover with heavy-duty foil when a crust develops on top.
- If cooking in a smoker, cook uncovered for 2 hours at 250°F. Cover with heavy-duty foil, if necessary, after crust develops on top.
- If cooking on charcoal or gas grill, cook uncovered over indirect heat. Set gas grill at a medium heat and maintain at 250°F for 2 hours. Keep the same temperature for a charcoal grill. Turn the pot every 30 minutes to keep one side from burning. Use wood chips or chunks for smoke flavor.
Pro tip: Instead of bacon, add pulled pork or chopped brisket. You can also mix in burnt ends before cooking. This will make you a hero. As we like to say, cook to your taste!