Face it, there’s no better way to impress a date than with a well-prepared meal served up from the comfort of your own home. So, fire up the grill and get ready to wow that special someone in your life with this easy date night recipe.
1 stick salted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped tarragon leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
Dash of Kelly B’s Spicy BBQ Sauce
Freshly ground black pepper
4 (7-ounce) lobster tails
Lemon wedges for garnish
4 skewers (metal or pre-soaked wood)
- Preheat your grill to 375°F
- Mix the butter, chives, tarragon, minced garlic, Kelly B’s Spicy BBQ Sauce sauce, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Use kitchen shears to cut the soft underside of the lobster tail shells straight down the middle.
- Once open, cut the meat down the center. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stick a skewer down the lobster tail lengthwise so the tail stands straight.
- Paint the tails with olive oil and season with salt. Use as much or as little as you prefer.
- Place the lobster tails on the grill, cut-side down over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Once the shells turn bright red in color you can flip the tails over.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of herbed butter onto the open lobster meat and grill for another 4 minutes, or until the lobster meat looks pearly white.
- Take the lobster tails off the grill and serve with extra herb butter.
Pro tip: Make things extra fancy by serving the tails with lemon wedges and chive sprig garnishes. Add some ambiance with a few lit candles, a chilled bottle of white wine, and let this grilled meal work its magic.