True grill masters are creative, hungry, and eager to grill. This mindset is what led to the invention of grilled granola. Pack a bag of this stuff for your next camping trip, sprinkle it over yogurt for a smoky sweet breakfast, or add it to your grilled chicken salad for extra crunch.
3 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup oat bran
A pinch of cinnamon
A pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp coconut oil or butter (melted)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 roll aluminum foil
- Fire up the grill to 350°F.
- Spray a large sheet of tin foil with coconut cooking spray and set aside. This piece will form your foil pack so make sure its large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Mix the oats, oat bran, cinnamon, and sea salt together in a large bowl. Stir the melted coconut oil or butter and maple syrup into the mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into the center of the aluminum foil, leave room around the edges to wrap. Fold over the edges to form an aluminum foil pouch, make sure there are no holes so your mixture cannot run out.
- Place the pouch on the grill over indirect heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the granola pouch from grill and carefully open it with tongs or grill-safe gloves. Stir the granola while allowing it to cool.
- Let it cool and then start snackin’.
Pro tip: Add dried fruits, pretzels, and dark chocolate chips (after grilling) to make this treat a little sweeter.