Looking for something sweet, smoky, and delicious? This grilled cranberry chicken is the perfect winter recipe. Your special Valentine will love this as an upcoming date night meal. You’re welcome.
1 14-ounce can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 2 1/4 lbs. – one half per person)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, mix together the cranberry sauce, lime peel, cumin, lime juice, and jalapeño pepper.
- Stir over medium heat until a smooth glaze has formed.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast half with salt and pepper.
- Fire up the grill to 350°F.
- Place each chicken breast half skin-side down on the grill, paint each piece with your cranberry glaze, and close the cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then turn each chicken breast half over. Paint on the cranberry glaze, and cook for another 15 minutes. You’ll know they are done when the internal temperature reaches 170°F on a meat thermometer.
- Paint one more layer of glaze on each piece and cook for 2 more minutes, allowing the glaze to heat up.
- Toast your date and serve!
Pro tip: Set aside one cup of the glaze for guests to top their chicken breast with during the meal. Warm it up right before serving and enjoy the extra cranberry goodness. For a side, add roasted potatoes or grilled asparagus and a nice spinach salad.