This recipe is guaranteed to please. The sweet onions, savory balsamic vinegar, and smoky taste create an unforgettable flavor combination. Heck, even vegetarians will love this one!
3 portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Wash the mushrooms and cut off the stems. Set the clean mushroom caps aside on a paper towel then move to a plate when semi-dry.
- Mix the oil, onion, garlic, and vinegar together in a small bowl. Drizzle the mixture evenly over the mushroom caps. Let them soak in the mixture for one hour.
- Fire up the grill to 375°F.
- Grill over indirect heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve as a full meal or use them for delicious mushroom burgers.
Pro tip: Turn your leftover ingredients into a simple appetizer. Save the stems and chop them up over a salad. Then, use any leftover oil mixture as the dressing.