Want to bring out a real showstopper? No one can resist these sweet, perfectly cooked spare ribs. Warning: friends will show up at your door, begging for this recipe.
Full rack of ribs (pork or beef)
Your favorite rib rub
Kelly B’s BBQ Sauce
1/8 cup brown sugar
- Fire up your grill or smoker to 225°F. If you’re grilling, move coals to one side of the grill, or turn off the gas on one side.
- To grill: Place ribs on the opposite side of the heat source so they are not exposed to direct heat. Grill for 1-2 hours, gently turning occasionally (not flipping) to ensure they cook evenly.
- To smoke: Smoke for 3-4 hours before rotating (not flipping).
- After the first 1-2 hours on the grill or 3-4 hours in the smoker, sprinkle brown sugar on the ribs and mop both sides with Kelly B’s BBQ Sauce.
- Wrap ribs in heavy duty foil and cook for 1-2 more hours on the grill or 2 hours in the smoker.
- Grab a stack of napkins and go to town. (Best with a good drink and better company.)