Grill masters aren’t boring. So, why would you make a boring sandwich? You’ve got the tools and ingredients to make a savory, smoky masterpiece. And, here’s a recipe to get your sandwich game up to snuff.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
8 hamburger buns
8 slices of provolone or pepper jack cheese
1 cup of Kelly B’s Sweet N Spicy BBQ Sauce
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon pepper
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
- Fire up the grill to medium-high heat at 345°F.
- Lightly paint your chicken breast halves with olive oil. Season to taste with the lemon pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Place the chicken breast halves on the grill over indirect heat for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Coat with Kelly B’s Sweet N Spicy BBQ Sauce and grill for 5 more minutes on each side. (Internal temperature should be 165°F.)
- Melt a slice of provolone or pepper jack cheese on each halved chicken breast for the last 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bun it, top it, and serve it.
Pro tip: Add crumbled bacon as an extra crunchy topping.