Chicken strips are always a big hit for any age! Take notes as Kelly teaches us how to take your strips up a notch with some veggies, spices, and of course, your grill!
2-3 pounds skinless boneless chicken strips (or breasts, cut as desired)
2-3 tablespoons Tuscan seasoning
½ cup broccoli crown (cut into bite size pieces)
1 pound sliced mushrooms (white or baby bella will do)
½ cup fresh okra (sliced into ½ inch slices)
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Optional: diced green onion and/or sliced white or purple onion
- This recipe is best when cooked on the grill. You’ll want to have a cast iron skillet for the best results if you don’t have a grill pan.
- In two large mixing bowls, coat your meat and veggies separately in olive oil.
- Spray your grill pan or skillet with oil. (Kelly B prefers PAM Olive Oil)
- Add your Tuscan seasoning to the bowls and mix thoroughly.
- Place your chicken on the hot grill, cook as usual.
- As the chicken starts to brown, add your broccoli and onion.
- Gradually add your mushrooms and okra as your chicken finishes browning.
- Pour your balsamic over the top of your stir fry and let it simmer. You may want to save some balsamic for later as your guests might want an extra kick!
Pro Tip: These strips pair great with white rice or pasta to make a complete meal.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have time for the grill, just use a nice saucepan on your stovetop! You’ll lose that smokey flavor that a grill provides, but your chicken will be just as delicious!
This meal makes a great leftover lunch for the next day as well! Enjoy!