Kabobs are a fan-favorite, a grill go-to. Spice up your kabobs with this savory recipe, and debut the goods at your next get-together.
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon mustard
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 2 inch cubes
3 cups bell pepper
2 medium onions, quartered
3 cups zucchini
1 cup apple wood chips
8 metal skewers
- Sauté the chopped onions and garlic in vegetable oil.
- Then mix the sauté with the lemon juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Pour the mixture over the cubed sirloin steak and vegetables you plan to BBQ. Cover this dish and let it marinate in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to get grillin’, remove your meat from the marinade.
- Begin soaking your apple wood chips in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Alternate between bell peppers, onions, zucchini and meat chunks as you place your food on metal skewers.
- Prepare your fire and toss in the soaked apple wood chips. Allow them a little time to start smoking.
- Toss the kabobs on the grill for 5 minutes, then turn them and let them cook for 5 more minutes.
Pro tip: For a little extra flavor, toss some of the leftover marinade on the kabobs as they grill.